Even if you don’t own a home, you still need insurance protection. A Renters Insurance policy from IMT offers coverage for personal property while providing liability coverage for damage that you or other family members may cause to others. It doesn’t matter if you rent an entire house or a small apartment, a Renters Insurance policy will help you be worry free!
Not Convinced You Need Renters Insurance?
Could you afford to replace your clothing, furniture, electronics, appliances and other household items if they were destroyed in a fire or tornado? The value of these items might be greater than you think.
What would happen if:
- Your apartment building burned down?
- Someone broke into your apartment or rental unit?
- A guest slipped and was injured in your apartment or rental unit?
- The place that you’re renting from suffered water damage?
- Property at your apartment or rental unit was stolen from your car?
Without Renters Insurance, you won’t have any coverage in situations like these.
What Does a Renters Insurance Policy Cover?
Covers a variety of personal belongings such as clothing, furniture and electronics, both on and off your premises, from covered perils including:
- Fire or lightning damage
- Windstorm or hail damage
- Damage caused by aircraft or vehicles
- Smoke damage
- Vandalism or malicious mischief
- Weight of ice, snow or sleet
- Accidental discharge or overflow of water or steam from plumbing, heating or air conditioning system or household appliance
- Freezing of plumbing, heating, air conditioning or automatic fire protective sprinkler systems, or of a household appliance
Provides legal representation and protection against judgments for covered events such as someone suffering an injury at your rented home or if you were to accidentally injure someone other than in a car, boat or other vehicle.
Reimburses you for additional costs of temporary housing if necessary. For instance, if your apartment building burns down forcing you to find alternative living arrangements until it is rebuilt.
Covers medical costs for visitors injured at your rented home.
- Financial stability
- Protective devices in your rental, like a sprinkler system
- Supporting Personal Auto Policy from IMT
Your landlord’s insurance protects and reimburses him/her if anything should happen to the building itself. Their policy doesn’t cover your personal property.
For about $10-$20 per month, you can purchase a full Renters Insurance policy to protect your belongings. That’s less than a dollar per day to protect the thousands of dollars in belongings you may have.
Renters Insurance extends far beyond on-premise theft. A Renters Insurance policy covers your personal property for off-premise theft and a wide variety of other perils such as fire, lightning, hail, wind, vandalism or the overflow of a plumbing system.
Liability coverage at your rented property is your responsibility. A Renters Insurance policy covers injuries sustained by someone at your rented home partly caused by you, your pet or your property. It also provides you with legal defense costs should you be taken to court for injuries suffered.
Find out more about our Renters policy and obtain a free quote by contacting your local IMT Independent Insurance Agent!
This is a brief summary of coverage and is intended only as an aid in selecting a policy. Review the actual policy for details on all coverages, terms, limits, conditions and exclusions, or contact your IMT Independent Insurance Agent for complete details.