The long awaited holiday weekend is almost here, and with that brings more people on the roads! The National Safety Council estimates over 48,000 people may be injured in vehicular accidents during the upcoming Labor Day holiday period.
To help keep you and your family safe this upcoming Labor Day, practice these Safe Driving Tips!
- Don’t drive distracted
- Practice defensive and patient driving.
- Slowing down, paying attention, and being courteous to your fellow travelers can go a long way!
- Make sure you are fully rested with no fatigue when behind the wheel
- Plan your trips to assure you are well rested!
- Wear a seatbelt on every trip
- According to the National Safety Council, about 159 lives may be saved this holiday solely because they buckled up!
- Do not drive impaired – Designate a sober driver!
- Remember – Impairment begins after just one drink!
- Learn about your vehicle’s safety systems prior to a road trip
- MyCarDoesWhat is a great safety reference to learn more about your car’s safety features
Let Labor Day mark a fun and safe “unofficial end” to summer for you and your family! Safe travels!
Copyright 2020 IMT Insurance