Be ready for hazardous road conditions this winter season by taking safety extra precautions!
Winterize your car:
- Check your antifreeze, battery, and windshield wiper fluid.
- Keep tires properly inflated and check the treads.
- Make sure your headlights, taillights, and flashers work.
- Keep at least a half of a tank of gas in your car at all times.
Expect the unexpected:
- Avoid sudden stops. Be careful when accelerating or stopping a vehicle on icy roads or hills.
- Drive slowly. Don''t tailgate and slow down on bridges which may be icy.
- Do not use cruise control when driving on ice and slippery surfaces.
- Allow extra time as wet and icy conditions often cause traffic delays.
- Keep an emergency travel kit. Include items such as blankets, jumper cables, a shovel, a flashlight, salt, fares, and other emergency supplies.
Be sure to review your insurance coverage to make sure you are covered for damage to vehicles from falling ice and tree limbs!
Copyright 2023 IMT Insurance